I normally do not do awards, but since I am still ringing the new year vibes, and today’s RDP happened to be Mystery… … ❤ So, thank you copypowerblog for the nomination! ❤ I also mysteriously fished your nomination out from the spam folder today (synchronicity is a mysterious magical hand!!!).
* * * About Mystery Blogger Award * * *
An award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion.’ – Okoto Enigma
- Put the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well. [I cannot access Okoto’s blog though.. the link is broken]
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
3 Things About Me:
- My optimism comes from my pessimism in life (very existentialist).
- I don’t like travelling, but somehow all my jobs require that, so I just make the most out of it. Since I have to.
- My superpower is my ability to slumber. 26hours was my record and I can take powernaps anywhere (every 2hour flight without fail).
Questions by copypowerblog:
1. Which life virtue do you value the most?
- Respect, for ALL. Regardless of their background, their past, etc. And maybe a little more respect for seniors and elders.
2. What is that one thing you want to do to cut down your stress due to workload at your job place?
- Log off my work messenger platform. Hee hee. When work gets too overwhelming, I log off to keep everyone off my back, so I can focus on getting things done.
3. How will you/do you contribute towards gender equality, racism, domestic violence?
- I am on the volunteer database to care for domestic and sexually abused children, but it got a little too traumatic for me.
- I am working on translating some materials for a women’s movement, and I believe one of the important steps (although it is really a baby step) is to raise awareness about how life and society can be more equal rather than to just take status quo as “ah well, life is just like that” or “I am used to it”. Through the work, I myself am learning about how we women have actually been subjugated but did not realise.
- I intend to, at some point in my life, work on providing safer public spaces for women. Legislatively, I hope.
- I am trying to release judgements on the different ethnicities, races, nationalities, etc which have been imprinted from the collective social (pre)conceptions of the “other(s)”. Not an easy task, as these judgements have actually been an instinctive “defence mechanisms”, so I am just straddling that thin line everyday.
4. Who is/are the best person/people in your life till date?
- My dad, my bro, and my favourite person. I think I wrote about these three lovelies in a single blog post before, somewhere sometime ago I cannot remember. The very three people whom I believe will protect me with their lives, as they have proven in little big ways.
5. Your New Year resolution.
- Remain sane and centred amidst the busy schedule. And maintain trust, faith, joy and love in the Higher Guidance, and to always be connected and intuitively heed that still small voice.
I have not been writing anything inspiring recently, but just using this blog as a way to figure myself out in the larger context of life and surrounds. So, no links this time~ Thank you copypowerblog once again for the nomination, and the interesting questions! It is way past midnight now, so I’ll skip #6 to #9.
Happy New Year!